1.09.2008

My fat ass...

has got to go. It has been almost 3 months since I gave birth to Lou and I have yet to hit the gym. I just can't seem to ever find the time. Who would have thought that I don't have any time with 2 kids under age 3? Plus going to the gym in my town means I will no doubt run into someone from my high school. And that means they will get to see what a fatass I have become in ten short crazy years.

God, I am such a shallow biatch. An old shallow biatch at that.

But really folks, I have never weighed this much in my life. Even when I got back from Italy, [where I gained almost 20lbs by way of Guinness & Hash] I didn't even come close to the beast that I am now.

Chubbs & Chubette


I just need to get my ass in gear and work out some kind of schedule with the chef. I should really go in the morning and run before he goes to work but I just love love love sleep. I suck. I am the worst exerciser ever. I've gotta do something before my double chin turns into a triple and you won't be able to see my neck anymore...

4 comments:

Welcome to My Life said...

I feel ya' sister. I haven't been to the gym since the birth of my kids either . . problem is that mine are 13 and 7. :-/

I also have dreams of getting out of bed early every day to run or do some pilates or something . . but sleep is so wonderfully awesome.

Kim and George said...

All I ever want to do is have a nice meal with my hubby when he gets home from work or do something solo, not go to the gym. And god forbid I do the gym day care again. I tried the gym on a one week trial pass when Ben was about 8 months (yes it took me 8 months to even consider the idea) and, of course, it only took minutes before some teenaged princess came in to "tap" me on my shoulder to say Ben was crying. That ended the second day of that (I guess I didn't understand their job was to NOT entertain the child).

So here I am at 14 months with only one child and still holding onto baby weight, even though I swore to myself up and down that I would shed it before trying for number two. So just this week, I have started a pilates bootcamp course. And I started riding the bike in house while catching up on Tivo- although it only lasts at most 20 minutes.

Give yourself a break. Lou is ONLY 3 months young. And you're a busy gal. When the weather is nice and both kids are running circles around you- bye bye extra weight!

Earth Muffin said...

Amen to the above statements and keep in mind that our bodies change dramatically, not just during pregnancy but after as well. You're a busy mom to two very small children. Nursing is going to do wonders for the weight coming off and the warm weather will be inspiring. Until then, baby steps...start small with short workouts and positive self-talk! Good luck!

Hot Coffee Girl said...

Looking at this picture, I see a gorgeous woman who has two beautiful children, a wonderful husband, and a brilliant smile because she knows all of this.

Take care of yourself, but be kind to yourself too.

Mingle2 - Chicago Singles